Victoria Zackheim & Anne Perry Where to Begin? How to Develop and Write Your (Fiction or Nonfiction) Book $120
Do you have an idea for a book—fiction or nonfiction—but you’re not sure how to begin? Perhaps you have spent months, years, even decades imagining how you’ll proceed, but something always gets in the way. Work. Family. Health. Life.
In this Master Class, international and New York Times bestselling novelist Anne Perry and author/editor Victoria Zackheim will get you moving! They’ll work directly with you as you take those ideas and run with them. This is a hands-on course where you’ll create a comprehensive outline that will act as your road map. This is where you begin serious development of your compelling plot and memorable characters. (And yes, plot and characters, story line and all those elements we think of in books of fiction…DO apply to nonfiction!) What will happen after we’ve worked with you on all of these elements? You’ll write!
This course will cover the major plot/character-development points of fiction and nonfiction:
- What is an arc…and why is it vital to EVERY book?
- How do we create the kind of conflict that makes a book exceptional?
- What is continuity and why does it matter?
- When does backstory work…and when does it get in the way?
- What are the “secrets” of developing memorable characters?
- How do we develop a story line?
- How important are story threads…and what are they?
- How do you add the element of tension in every scene?
What if you come to the course without a story in mind? No problem! We’ll work with you to develop plot/structure/goals…and all the basics you need to write that book. This is the course that will reignite your passion for writing…and give you the confidence to move forward.