Teen Writers Summit at the 2023 San Francisco Writers Conference on Sunday, February 19th from 2:00-5:00 pm
This Summit is specifically for teen writers who are interested in getting published and want professional feedback from the industry:
- Literary Agents
- Publishing House Editors
- Professional Editors
- Other Professionals in the writing and published author universe (such as screenwriters, artists, etc.)
This teen-writer-focused event will be a single-day part of the conference and free for attendees (who will need one adult chaperone for every eight people under 18 they are accompanying). The event will be at the conference hotel on Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023, from 2 -5 pm. Presenters will be drawn from the main conference presenter list. The final program is still under construction.
Writers are not trained; they are inspired. Many high schoolers already feel the compulsion to write. The stories inside them demand release. But, the steps between writing stories and getting them published are substantial, diverse, and ever-changing. The San Francisco Writers Conference can help prepare them for the journey. We can answer the big questions:
- How do I know if my writing is publishing-ready?
- What are the rules for structure in my genre, and can I break them and still get published?
- How do I find and work with an editor?
- How do I query an agent, and why would I want to?
- How do I spot a publishing scam?
- How do I protect my original stories so I can monetize them?
- Can I illustrate my own stories/graphic novels, or how does that work?
If you are a high school student inspired to write and would like to know how to take serious steps along the path to a future writing career, join us for this free* one-day special event where leading industry experts will answer your burning questions about your writing, and how to get it published. Bring a short sample of your work for review and feedback. We hope to see you there!
*Our Teen Writers Summit is free to attend on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited. Register early to reserve your spot. Students under the age of 18 will need one adult chaperone with each group of up to eight students.
Parking at Four Embarcadero Center is $6/30 minutes with a $35/day maximum. The Ferry Building is across the Embarcadero from the Hyatt, and the Bart Station is at the northwestern corner.
Masks are required at this event.